What industries do you work with?
I work with business owners in a variety of industries: economic development, orthotic & prosthetic, food|food service, mortgage|title|finance, lawn care|snow removal, home building|remodeling, real estate brokerages|agents, real estate investors, property managers, real estate publications, business owners of natural products|homeopathic providers, architects, contractors|builders, event coordinators|venues, fitness facilities, and pet care providers.
I work with entrepreneurs with various home-based business owners: writers|authors|bloggers, photographers, direct sales, homesteaders that make natural products to sell + raise animals and/or process meat, artisans that design products to sell, as well as, instructors of self-defense and those that sell self-defense products.
I work with nonprofits with a focus on crimes against humanity and America, homeless shelters, as well as, genealogy societies.
Opportunities to build strategic partnerships with marketing agencies and other business models are welcome.
Do you offer a referral program:
Absolutely! My referral program is a great way to give someone the ‘gift of time’ and receive credit by doing it.
Clients have previously referred business associates, friends, family members, nonprofits and small business owners.
The terms and conditions that apply are:
- Referral must be a new client to Sherri Fowler, LLC.
- Referral cannot be an existing client with Sherri Fowler, LLC.
- A contracted service must be provided and completed by Sherri Fowler, LLC, plus paid in full by the referred customer.
- A credit of $30.00 to the existing client’s account, that is making the referral, will be applied to the next contracted service or monthly project; whichever comes first.
- Credit cannot be reused.
- New credits will apply with each new referral to Sherri Fowler, LLC that is a new client.
- There’s not a limit to referrals that can be given to Sherri Fowler, LLC therefore there’s not a limit to number of $30.00 credits that can be given to existing clients for each referral.
Do you offer gift cards:
Of course! Gift cards can be a great way to give someone the ‘gift of time’.
Gift cards have been given to entrepreneurs, business associates, family members & friends who want to start a business, and yes, even to existing clients who already have a business, but need a helping hand for a large project.
How does this work:
- Once a gift card is purchased, I will reach out to you + the gift card recipient to let you know the gift card is ready to be used.
- I’ll setup a FREE one-hour initial consultation for the recipient of the gift card.
- Once an estimate is signed, the initial deposit of 50% will be taken from the gift card amount that was purchased. Then I will begin the work agreed upon by the gift recipient. The initial deposit of 50% is required for any services I perform.
- Once the service is complete, I will apply any remaining balance from the gift card to the recipient’s account balance due for the services performed.
- Gift cards can be purchased for new customers or existing clients.
- Gift cards can be used for new contracted orders or can be purchased if there is a balance due on an open order.
- Gift cards can only be used for contracted services with Sherri Fowler, LLC.
- Gift cards can only be applied toward contracted services between recipient and Sherri Fowler, LLC.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Gift cards cannot be used in conjunction with any affiliate or third-party promotions available on SherriFowler.com.
What services do you offer:
Whether you’re a business owner who sells products, who offers services or are a nonprofit, allow me to summarize how I can be of service to you:
- Online Business Management Services (OBM). I help entrepreneurs start their business. I help existing business owners optimize their current business and set it up for growth & expansion. I help manage daily tasks. I help manage monthly or special projects. I help implement & track budgets. I help implement & track business statistics. I help analyze profit/loss statements & make projections. I help business owners determine what makes them money & what improvements can be made in order to expand their bottom line. I am an extension of the business owner and will immerse myself in the owner’s mission, goals and end-vision for their business.
- Virtual Assistance Services (VA). I help create tasks & projects that a business owner or their team doesn’t have time to do. I help organize those tasks or projects by priority in order to accomplish them for the business owner or their team. I help automate tasks & projects into an optimum workflow for the business owner or their team. I assist business owners, or their team members, through accomplishing tasks for them on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis. I also assist with projects in the same manner; daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Writing Services: I offer ghostwriting, blogging, copywriting and content marketing services. Those services include: internet | website copy (including blog posts), print publications (including articles + marketing materials), and social media content.
How do we get started working together:
To get started, click on the contact page and fill out as much detail as possible about the project you’re interested in working together on. From there, I’ll contact you to schedule a FREE one-hour discovery call so we can discuss every detail about your project and your goal for it.
Do you require a contract:
After our discovery call, I will email you a quote for your project along with a contract that will need signed and a link to pay. When I work with a client for the first time, my policy is to require full payment upfront before work begins. If a client and I have worked together numerous times before, my policy is to require a 50% deposit and the balance of 50% due at the end of the project.
Do you accept rush projects:
Projects on a tight deadline can be typically be completed within 24-72 hours; depending on the scope. Rush projects will include an additional fee equaling 30% of the original cost of the project.
How do I pay you:
I accept credit cards, and direct bank transfers. All payments are due on net 15 terms. Any final payment not made within the window of net 15 days from the date of invoice will accrue late payment fees.
What is your cancellation policy:
If a client terminates a project, prior to the start date, the client agrees to pay a kill-fee of $300. If the kill-fee is less than the initial payment the client made, the client will receive a refund for the excess amount.
Do you accept monthly or recurring projects:
Of course! No two businesses are alike, so project needs can vary. We can discuss all of that during our discovery call. That way I can give you an accurate estimate and carve out the time needed on my schedule for each monthly, quarterly or recurring time-frame you need.
What is your revision process:
All projects include 2 revisions. Additional revisions can be requested, however there will be an additional charge for each revision. If revision requests aren’t received within 5 business days of project submission to client, it will be assumed the project is satisfactory and no revisions are necessary. Additional fees may apply if revisions are requested once the 5-day window has closed.
How do you determine pricing:
Each project has a minimum threshold, but the price can increase depending on the scope. Project price is determined by a number of factors; such as, complexity, the amount of research required, deadline, frequency, and/or word count. All projects start with a quote, so you can determine if my pricing aligns with your budget. If a client changes the terms during the project, there may be an increase in the project cost. For example; if a project is requested to be completed by the 15th of the month, but the client determines that the project needs to be completed sooner than that; there will likely be an increase in the project cost which would be different than the initial quote.
What are the benefits of using Sherri Fowler, LLC:
I am invested in the success of every client. I wouldn’t have been able to stay in business for over 30 years if I wasn’t. Each client “wins” are my “wins”. I understand every client has a budget, a goal and an expectation. I do everything possible to come in under budget, ahead of time and exceed expectations. I am available when my clients need me, without being underfoot or a distraction. My clients don’t employ me, so they’re not just a paycheck and I don’t watch the clock in hopes of it being time to clock-out for break, for lunch or for the day. I partner with my clients, which means their business goals are mine and I focus on achieving them.
Why should I hire someone that works remotely:
If you’re in Ohio, Kentucky or West Virginia, I offer on-site support. Even if your business is within those states, I also offer online or virtual support services. For businesses outside of the tri-state area, I only offer virtual support services.
Business today doesn’t always take place in a brick-and-mortar location. It can take place in your car, in your home-office, and even on your smartphone. Using me as your virtual support system increases the tools at your disposal, the people available to help you consistently…which, of course, all increases your productivity and your businesses bottom line. Virtual support systems are the best and least expensive way to capitalize on productivity, manage your business and achieve your goals…without the cost of a full-time employee that is paid a benefit package.
I am not a full-time employee that you’ll pay a benefit package to. I work as an independent contractor, which means, your accountant will be provided a copy of my tax id number so they can issue a 1099 for tax filing purposes. And, yes, you can claim my services to you or your business on your taxes. You’ll need to talk to your accountant for the specifics of your tax filing process.
There are ZERO hidden fees when working with me. You won’t pay me a salary. You won’t pay me through payroll; which means no federal, state, local or unemployment taxes. You won’t pay me for vacation time or sick time. You won’t pay me a retirement or insurance package. You won’t pay me a sign-on bonus.
When a client signs my estimate for each project; that is the cost. The only thing that would change that is if the client makes a change to the project. And, if that happens, I will send an addendum to the contract to either reduce the contracted price for the project, or increase it; depending on the change the client requests.
What is the difference between your writing styles:
My copywriting is a delivery of words made by strategy that results in an action being taken by the reader; such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter and/or sharing content. It’s perfect for websites, blogs, newsletters, brochures, ads, etc.
My content marketing is a delivery of words to create a connection with the reader and invoke feelings through storytelling. It’s perfect for engaging an audience, positioning a business or business owner as an industry leader and growing their audience.
Why should I hire a freelance writer as opposed to inviting guest bloggers to my business blog:
With a freelance writer, you can have full control over topics, voice, self-promotion, and the revision process. Guest bloggers will expect to have more freedom with the content they create. Guest bloggers make posts for free, for the opportunity to promote their own website or business.
What are the benefits of offering an author byline to freelance writers versus having them ghostwrite the content:
A great reason to allow a freelance writer to have an author byline for the content they create is because many freelance writers are well known and have built a strong authority. That means they have a large audience to promote content to and their content will boost the overall authority of your blog.
The flip side of that is, if you have a ghostwriter to create content that you can place your name upon, it gives you the chance to become well known and build a strong authority in your industry.
Is your ghostwriting service confidential:
Absolutely! I never mention clients I ghostwrite for. When I promote content I have ghostwritten, I always promote it with the client attributed as the author. You gain full usage and rights to the content I develop once you have paid for it in full.
Can I repurpose content written by you that I have paid for:
Yes, absolutely! You can offer content I create to be re-published on other sites. Also, I often suggest that clients take in-depth blog posts or a series of shorter blog posts and repackage them as ebooks, whitepapers, and lead magnets.
How do we decide upon blog topics:
You can supply the topics and outlines or I can suggest topics that will resonate well with your target audience. We can also do a combination of both. One option that has always worked well with my clients is for me to interview the client. From that perspective, I get first-hand topics that the client would like to cover. It also allows for inside knowledge from the client that is specifically unique to them. From there, I can tap into those interviews, further my research, and be able to create content from the client’s unique perspective. Every client is unique and there are NO two businesses alike; even if businesses provide the same service or product, because the owners of those businesses aren’t alike. It’s perspective!
What would be the cost to ghostwrite my book:
The price for book projects can range depending on the scope of the project and the services you need included. Multiple book orders and simplified, unformatted books will be on the lower end, while individual book projects requiring phone interviews, formatting for CreateSpace, sidebars, call-out boxes and other features will be on the higher end. I will be able to give you an estimate after our FREE, 60-minute discovery call.
Do I have to pay for the book up front:
A 25% deposit is required before service begins. Smaller increments are due when each section of the book is completed and turned in. Estimates are provided after our discovery call.
Does content marketing require a long-term commitment:
Content marketing should be a part of your long-term online marketing strategy. However, I do not require clients to make a long-term commitment. I do offer discounts for clients who purchase a batch of posts, but I also offer services for a one-time project, as well as, services on an as-needed basis.
Will I receive updates about my project:
Absolutely! Depending on the scope of the project, updates can range from daily to monthly. Updates will be discussed during your discovery call and will be included as part of my client onboarding process.
Will my intellectual property be secure:
I understand that trust is THE most important factor in any relationship, including a business one. Therefore,I go above and beyond to make sure your intellectual property is safe. My contract with each client includes a confidentiality and non-compete agreement. You won’t see or hear me discussing any client or their project without written approval from them for me to do so. My business success directly depends on my client’s success. For me to be able to provide service to my clients since 1991, I feel confident in my ability to keep my client’s intellectual property secure.
How do you manage client projects:
I use every tool shown in my Resources page, which you’ll find showing at the bottom of my website. I use project management software that schedules every single project from start to finish. During my daily tasks, I use a project management software to stay on track within each project. Each project is broken down into incremental tasks with deadlines for those tasks to be completed. I operate my business no differently than any other business. Every detail needs to be setup as a task with each task having a deadline to meet.
How do we stay in touch:
My primary method of communication is email. I have found over the years that it’s a better fit for my clients to stay in-touch that way because email allows my clients to access our joint communications, whenever it’s convenient for them to do so. The last thing I want to do is add more to my client’s to-do list. However, I am happy to utilize all aspects of communication if a client would prefer to stay in-touch in any other way.
What is an OBM:
OBM stands for Online Business Manager.
OBM’s are utilized by existing business owners through management, strategy and implementation.
They’re considered more of an extension of the business owner because they will immerse themselves in the owner’s mission, goals and end vision for the company.
OBM’s are leaders, strategic thinkers and impact drivers.
An OBM manages business through Business Management (manages day to day tasks, projects, metrics or operations for a business).
An OBM manages business through Project Management (guiding a project from beginning to end, including tracking budgets).
An OBM manages business through Metrics Management (analysis, statistics, projections, research, to determine if existing services or products and new products or services are money-makers and will improve a businesses bottom line.
What is an VA:
VA stands for Virtual Assistant.
VA’s are utilized by new + existing business owners due to their skill-set of organizing, creating, and automating.
They assist the business owner, or one of their team members, through delegable tasks | projects that need to be repeated on a daily, weekly, monthly, or annual basis.
VA’s are operational experts and stay up-to-date on all the new technologies and techniques available for businesses to automate and thrive.
A VA supports businesses through Creating (creates the tasks or projects that a business owner or their team member doesn’t have time or doesn’t want to do).
A VA supports businesses through Organizing (organizes tasks or projects by priority in order to accomplish them for the business owner or their team member).
A VA supports businesses through Automating (automates tasks or projects into a comprehensive workflow in order to get them accomplished by the owner or team member’s deadline).
My careers make me unique to freelancing:
- Investor Accounting Specialist
- Investment Analyst
- Client Interviews
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Billing Specialist
- Marketing Coordinator
- Data Analyst
- Office Management
- Reporting Analyst
- Project Management
- Data Specialist
- Customer Interviews
- Leasing Specialist
- Multi-Award Winning Realtor®
- New Agent Trainer
- International Broker Data Analyst
- Real Estate Investor
- Investment Property Management
- Historic and Period Research
- Lineage Research
- Archival and Record Research
- Cemetery Research
- Mapping and Recording Research
Surveying & Engineering:
- Title Research
- Plat Map Research
- Deed Transfer Research
- Deed Restriction Research
- Will and Probate Research
- I’ve built and owned seven businesses since my early 20’s. Every business was built from my personal passion for it. While I’ve sold other businesses, Sherri Fowler, LLC remains one I continue to be passionate about. It combines my love for data, analytics, research, fact-finding, organization, technology, history and freelancing opportunities. It also combines my love for Jesus, my fight against crimes against humanity, my admiration for home-based businesses, homesteading, natural health, women’s self-defense and the real estate industry. I’m in my happy place when I get to find opportunities to combine my skills, knowledge, and experience with my passion of helping others build and sustain their businesses.
Do you have a business project that could use my skill sets of technology, organization, or business management?
Do you have a writing project that could use my attention? One that could use someone to breaks things down into simple terms for anyone to understand?
Along with my experience, you also get someone who has a natural ability to listen to others, research and investigate.
My clients continue to use me for my quality of work, integrity, knowledge, skills, honesty and my ability to keep things real